Sunday, November 23, 2014

One of a kind - Burlington, Vermont

When I was in school, one of my friends made a trip to Burlington, VT and told me so many great things about this place. I've always wanted to go, but the distance was holding me back from visiting that beautiful city in Vermont (nearly takes 6 hours one way from Long Island to Burlington).

After I moved to upstate, traveling to Burlington cut down to three hours one way, and it was totally great chance to finally be able to visit. Personally, I think the autumn is the nicest season to visit Burlington because of all the beautiful scenery of the Lake Champlain region on the way. It's about 45 miles south to the Canada border, and I saw a lot of tourists from Canada as well.

 

Unfortunately, I went to Burlington in March, which was still relevantly chilly at that time because of the long winter this year. But I could still enjoy the lake from afar, though water was frozen at that time.

Frozen lake, can you believe it is March?


1. Magic Hat Brewery
5 Bartlett Bay Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403
Just before entering the Burlington downtown, I stopped by the Magic Hat Brewery. There are many fun and great breweries around the area, and the Magic Hat Brewery was one of them. 

The front of the Magic Hat brewery

This is a hallway leading to the brewery. The monitor shows how the beer is made. The interior is decorated very nicely. So much to see already!  

 
They also offer free beer tasting. you can taste as many as you want. I am not a huge fan of beer, so I didn't end up buying any. But I gave the server a few dollars of tip after trying one small shot. There is also a gift shop that sells many cool stuffs.  


 2. Burlington Downtown 
   
Downtown Burlington day and night! It is a gorgeous city with so much things to do! Shops, restaurants and bookstores and more! I could feel the city has its own characteristics and beauty. Parking! It's not bad at all. There are a few public parking spaces you can go for free for certain hours and minutes. You can also street park using the parking meter.


3. American Flatbread
115 St. Paul St., Burlington, VT



This place is awesome. By the time we arrived at Burlington, it was almost lunch time. This place has an awesome review, so we just decided to have lunch at American Flatbread (brick baked flatbread)! All the fresh ingredients are local vegetables, and the salad tasted so fresh and healthy. Of course, the main menu - flatbread - was one of a kind.


 4. Ben&Jerry's Ice cream
36 Church St, Brulington, VT



I love Ben&Jerry! And Ben&Jerry is originally made in Vermont! My favorite flavor is "Chuncky Monkey". We had two scoops of ice cream and went again to get another sundae! 


4. Lake Champlain Chocolate
65 Church St, Burlington, VT 05401


The store offers good coffee, hot chocolates, gourmet chocolate truffles, gift baskets, and much more. I had a dark hot chocolate. The sweetness is perfect and very thick. Loved it! I also had two truffles and they are truly special. There are not many seats in the store though.

5. Penny Clause Cafe
169 Cherry St, Burlington, VT 05401


This place is a MUST GO brunch place. I'll stand by the fact that this is probably the best brunch place I've ever been. You can't make a reservation, and there is a super long line. We were told to wait for 40 minutes to be seated. I didn't mind after I tasted the food! 



There are so much more to do and see in Burlington, VT. If you go there in right seasons, they have different kinds of festivals, biking around the lake, tourist, etc. Visit http://www.vermont.org/visitors to get more information on events and tours you might be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment